Minutes from 10-15-2015 Meeting

Here’s a link to the PLAIN minutes as a PDF. Thanks.

Pine Lake Association of Involved Neighbors                                        PLAIN

Meeting Minutes

October 15, 2015

I. Call to order

Greg Creech, standing in for Jan Christiansen, called to order the regular meeting of the Pine Lake Association of Involved Neighbor at 7:12 p.m. on October 15, 2015 at the Beach house.

II. Attendance

The following persons were present: Greg Creech (vice president), Jean Bordeaux (treasurer), Ann Jimenez (secretary), Susan Lightcap, Jackie Biggers, Lynn Callery, Butch Terry, Ella Johannaber, JoAnn Davenport, Megan Pulsts, and Matthew Pulsts.

Approval of minutes from last meeting:

The minutes from the last meeting were read. The minutes were approved as written.

III. Treasurer’s Report

  1. According to the treasurer, Jean Bordeaux, cash flow included the purchase of gift cards from Hall’s nursery for Yard of the Month awards for 6 months.
  2. Income included $120 from the Lake Fest raffle and $75 from the International dinner.
  3. The current balance in the account is $7698.

 

IV. Membership

Greg Creech presented the membership report. He stated that we have one new member.

V. Old Business

  1. International Dinner: Greg Creech stated that he attended the dinner and thought it was a great success.
  2. Lake Fest :

According to Jean Bordeaux, Taika Howard and Wendy Wolfe were very helpful getting out into the crowd and selling raffle tickets . We owe them our appreciation.

Susan Lightcap added that as a vendor, it was the best weekend yet. People really stepped up and made themselves available. It was affirming to have so many townspeople working hard to make it happen.

Although the weather was not great, only three vendors canceled and only one vendor /foodtruck asked for their money back.

Ella Johannaber suggested that next year she would like to see PLAIN with their own booth . A banner displaying our calendar of events would be helpful. Some discussion on the pros and cons of this idea followed.

IV. New Business

  1. PLAIN Talk
  • editor in chief, Susan Lightcap, reminded everyone that the next Wednesday was the deadline for turning in articles to her.
  • She added that she had solicited one paragraph from each candidate in the upcoming elections to include in the next PLAIN Talk.

2. Candidate Forums:

  • The first candidate forum will be on October 19th at the Clubhouse. This will be for candidates running for the four year term.
  • The forum for the two year term will be on Sunday, October 25th at the beach house. The times for each forum are posted on the pinelakega.com website.
  • It was decided to not have refreshments at the forums. An easel and some kind of paper to tape to the walls is needed. Set-up will be at 6:30.
  • Greg Creech proposed we appropriate $100 from our account in case we need to purchase any paper, markers, etc. for the forums. The motion passed.

3. Halloween/Day of the Dead

  • It was decided to have a kid’s event at the beach house on Halloween day, Saturday, October 31, 3:30 – 5:30.
  • Greg Creech will check the availability and book the beach house for the event.
  • Ella Johannaber volunteered to be in charge of the entertainment and would seek other volunteers to help decorate.
  • Greg Creech requested that we appropriate $100 for the Halloween party. The motion was passed.
  • Amy Colburn was not able to be at this meeting, but she wanted to do something for Day of the Dead at our November breakfast.

4. November breakfast:

  • Lynn Callery is heading up the November breakfast.
  • According to Megan Pulsts, a Town Hall meeting is scheduled for that day.
  • Greg Creech stated that the tree board was making a presentation after the breakfast and suggested that it could be made part of the Town Hall meeting.

5. Yard of the Month:

  • Was very successful. We have the following weekend to get yards ready for the October nominations to be made on Monday and Tuesday. We will vote Tuesday evening for the next winner.

6. Breakfast with Santa, December 5th.

  • Lalah Manley will coordinate an artist’s market. Lalah will also coordinate the cookie exchange that will be that evening.
  • Mike Stuckey will probably be our Santa. We need to contact Lawrence Andrade for photography.
  • We need to be sure the beach house is available in the evening as well for the lighting of the lake.

VII. Adjournment

The motion to adjourn was made, seconded, and approved at 8:10.

Minutes submitted by: Ann Jimenez

Minutes approved by: [Name]

Comments are closed.