Hello, and welcome to Pine Lake. We’re so glad you’re here, sharing this beautiful community with us.
We’ve all been newbies at one point, and know how overwhelming it can be moving into a new community, finding your way around, meeting the neighbors, figuring out how on earth your furniture will fit into your new place. It can be stressful, but it can be fun, too.
Now, I can’t tell you how to fit the furniture that used to fit into your square living room in your old place, into the longer, rectangular (sort of) living room in Pine Lake.
I can, however, pass along a few tips that will make your transition into Pine Lake just a tiny bit easier.
1. Wave. To everyone. Always.
2. When someone offers you help, take it. They really mean it, and are not “just being polite.”
3. When someone invites you to stop by, do it. They really mean it. (see above)
5. Join PLAIN, the neighborhood organization. Meetings are the third Thursday of the month, at 7:00, in the Clubhouse. (Clubhouse and Forrest)
6. Come to the PLAIN sponsored pancake breakfast the first Saturday of each month from 8:30 – 10:30AM.. This is a great ways to meet your neighbors.
7. Come to the First Friday Concert Series for top notch entertainment at the Beach House or Club House the first Friday of each month at 8:00PM. This is another great way to meet and to enjoy your neighbors.
8. Take exercise walks early, because mid evening walks consist of walking a few yards, stopping to chat, walking a few more … chatting again … and so on and so on – a twenty minute walk can take 2 hours and you end up talking more than walking.
9. Be kind to the lake. Pick up your own mess, and your dog’s mess as well.
10. Be prepared for strangers to ask to walk through your house. It happens. We’re a nosey bunch. Think of it as a kind of initiation.
11. If you need a tool, a hand, a skill — ask around. Most likely someone here has it, and is willing to lend it.
12. Relax. You’re home now.