Choose a category to view the posts:
Tag Archives: Meeting
Come join the spring and summer fun by volunteering and helping at upcoming events. PLAIN’s meeting is Thursday, 7:00 PM at the Beach House. Our village has plenty going on and needs your help for the programs and events we’ll discuss tomorrow. Here’s what’s on our plate:
June 3 Breakfast – Membership/Volunteer Celebration
June 10 Pine Lake Yard Sale
Pine Lake Park Improvement Program
Police Department Fund
Ice Cream Social at Memorial Day picnic
Leadership and Board positions
See you at the meeting and the lake!
PLAIN President 2016-2017
PLAIN has plenty of events coming up. We will discuss our events and other items at our February 23 meeting 7:00 PM at the Club House. Besides planning our Chili/Soup cook-off on Sunday, February 26 and our Mardi Gras brunch on March 4, we will approve our new, updated constitution and by-laws, discuss city projects, and hear from our youth about an art gallery.
Please join us at our regular PLAIN monthly meeting tomorrow (Thursday) August 18, 7:00 PM at the Beach House. Besides yummy snacks and water, we will plan and discuss these important items for our community:
- September Breakfast
- PLAINhelps.org website plan and budget
- International Dinner/Pine Lake Lounge Broadway Show
- Update on Beach House storage space
- Update on Nita Towns’ Memorial
- Yard of the Month
Thanks and hope to see you there.
Greg Creech, PLAIN President 2016-2017
Our regular, PLAIN monthly meeting this month is Thursday, July 28, 7:00 PM
at the Beach House; we are rescheduling this from this coming Thursday. I
hope to see you there as we plan fun events, including our breakfasts,
International Dinner, and more plus we’ll have yummy snacks. Thanks, and
special thanks to Cheryl Hubbard for quickly rescheduling our use of the
Beach House. See you at the Lake!
PLAIN President 2016-2017
Please join us for the monthly PLAIN meeting this Thursday, 2/18, 7PM at the Beach House. Great folks to join in making fun and merriment in our wonderful little city. All are welcome!
Hope to see you there!
This Sunday, it may be chilly outside but it’s going to be chili inside the Beach House, too! Join us this Sunday at 4:00 PM for PLAIN’s annual chili/soup cook-off. Bring your favorite chili/soup or side dish (Corn bread, etc.) to share with others and attend at no cost. If you want to sample the goodies without bringing a dish, the charge is $5. PLAIN will supply condiments and water. Megan Pulsts is coordinating this year’s event and has fabulous prizes, including the highly coveted Golden Spoon Award, for our cooks in various categories. You may want to bring a muffin pan or cupcake tin to sample the different chilies/soups and vote for your favorite. Please bring your ingredients on a list for folks with food allergies and dietary restrictions and share your recipe Come on down to the Beach House at 4:00 – 7:00PM this Sunday and enjoy great chili and soup and your Pine Lake neighbors.
Happy New Year from PLAIN!
Let’s start the New Year with some events!
With the holidays we are taking a break from our Pancake Breakfast in January, normally scheduled for January 2nd.
Our January meeting is on Thursday, January 21 at the Beach House at 7:00 PM. Please come and be involved with our activities in the New Year.
We’ll have our normal Pancake breakfast on February 6 from 8:30 – 10:30 at the Beach House and our regular meeting on February 18 at the Beach House 7:00 PM.
Get ready for our Chili Cook-off, annual treat on Sunday, February 21 at the Beach House 4:00 – 7:00 PM. As usual we’ll have prizes in various categories for chilies and soups. Be sure to label the ingredients and degree of hotness.
Finally, our fabulous Mardi Gras Brunch is on March 5th from 10:00 – Noon at the Beach House. So break out those Mardi Gras beads, masks, boas, costumes, tiaras, and other festive attire are encouraged. Menu will feature beignets, jambalaya, king cake, cafe au lait and more. This event is free if you are bringing a dish to share or $7 for non-members and $6 for members with a $1 discount- if you bring your own plate, cup and utensils. Children under 10 are $3. More details to follow.
Pine Lake Association of Involved Neighbors PLAIN
October 15, 2015
I. Call to order
Greg Creech, standing in for Jan Christiansen, called to order the regular meeting of the Pine Lake Association of Involved Neighbor at 7:12 p.m. on October 15, 2015 at the Beach house.
The following persons were present: Greg Creech (vice president), Jean Bordeaux (treasurer), Ann Jimenez (secretary), Susan Lightcap, Jackie Biggers, Lynn Callery, Butch Terry, Ella Johannaber, JoAnn Davenport, Megan Pulsts, and Matthew Pulsts.
Approval of minutes from last meeting:
The minutes from the last meeting were read. The minutes were approved as written.
III. Treasurer’s Report
- According to the treasurer, Jean Bordeaux, cash flow included the purchase of gift cards from Hall’s nursery for Yard of the Month awards for 6 months.
- Income included $120 from the Lake Fest raffle and $75 from the International dinner.
- The current balance in the account is $7698.
Greg Creech presented the membership report. He stated that we have one new member.
V. Old Business
- International Dinner: Greg Creech stated that he attended the dinner and thought it was a great success.
- Lake Fest :
According to Jean Bordeaux, Taika Howard and Wendy Wolfe were very helpful getting out into the crowd and selling raffle tickets . We owe them our appreciation.
Susan Lightcap added that as a vendor, it was the best weekend yet. People really stepped up and made themselves available. It was affirming to have so many townspeople working hard to make it happen.
Although the weather was not great, only three vendors canceled and only one vendor /foodtruck asked for their money back.
Ella Johannaber suggested that next year she would like to see PLAIN with their own booth . A banner displaying our calendar of events would be helpful. Some discussion on the pros and cons of this idea followed.
IV. New Business
- PLAIN Talk
- editor in chief, Susan Lightcap, reminded everyone that the next Wednesday was the deadline for turning in articles to her.
- She added that she had solicited one paragraph from each candidate in the upcoming elections to include in the next PLAIN Talk.
2. Candidate Forums:
- The first candidate forum will be on October 19th at the Clubhouse. This will be for candidates running for the four year term.
- The forum for the two year term will be on Sunday, October 25th at the beach house. The times for each forum are posted on the pinelakega.com website.
- It was decided to not have refreshments at the forums. An easel and some kind of paper to tape to the walls is needed. Set-up will be at 6:30.
- Greg Creech proposed we appropriate $100 from our account in case we need to purchase any paper, markers, etc. for the forums. The motion passed.
3. Halloween/Day of the Dead
- It was decided to have a kid’s event at the beach house on Halloween day, Saturday, October 31, 3:30 – 5:30.
- Greg Creech will check the availability and book the beach house for the event.
- Ella Johannaber volunteered to be in charge of the entertainment and would seek other volunteers to help decorate.
- Greg Creech requested that we appropriate $100 for the Halloween party. The motion was passed.
- Amy Colburn was not able to be at this meeting, but she wanted to do something for Day of the Dead at our November breakfast.
4. November breakfast:
- Lynn Callery is heading up the November breakfast.
- According to Megan Pulsts, a Town Hall meeting is scheduled for that day.
- Greg Creech stated that the tree board was making a presentation after the breakfast and suggested that it could be made part of the Town Hall meeting.
5. Yard of the Month:
- Was very successful. We have the following weekend to get yards ready for the October nominations to be made on Monday and Tuesday. We will vote Tuesday evening for the next winner.
6. Breakfast with Santa, December 5th.
- Lalah Manley will coordinate an artist’s market. Lalah will also coordinate the cookie exchange that will be that evening.
- Mike Stuckey will probably be our Santa. We need to contact Lawrence Andrade for photography.
- We need to be sure the beach house is available in the evening as well for the lighting of the lake.
The motion to adjourn was made, seconded, and approved at 8:10.
Minutes submitted by: Ann Jimenez
Minutes approved by: [Name]